Half Life 2: Deathmatch
everythingFPS competitive play is based off of a tournament system which was created for players and teams to compete for fun and glory of FPS games. The tournaments are Community Tournaments and without a community we wouldn’t have tournaments to run.
We as eFPS admins hope to bring a fun and an enjoyful atmosphere to play at. Please remember we are here to keep things organized and we manage these tournaments completely out of our own time for you as players. With that being said, it is expected that all clan/team members are fully familiar with the rules.
Ignorance is not an excuse. All clan/team members are held responsible for the actions of their teammates. The poor decisions of one member may in some circumstances place the entire team at risk and so members are encouraged to educate their teammates on proper conduct and official tournament rules. Clans/teams and their members are required to respect the rulings of an administrator. Attempts to denigrate an administrator will result in a season long suspension of your clan/team.
All rulings are final. Play fair and have fun.
1. Map Pool is as follows:
1.2. Map selections will go as follows:
Drop, Drop, Drop, Drop, Drop, Drop, Pick, Pick, Tiebreaker
2. How Winners are Declared:
The match is over after the best of 3 rounds are completed. If a match in the first two rounds is tie or split 1-1 then the tiebreaker is to be played. In the event that both rounds are tied then the tiebreaker is played twice, or until it has been won twice by one player. 2 round wins = a win. Once the matches are completed the rounds are summed up and the team with the most round wins gets the Win the other with a loss.
2.2. In the event of a tie score of the tiebreaker round, the tiebreaker round is to be replayed until a winner is declared.
3. Valve Anti-Cheat (VAC) Valve’s proprietary anti-cheat software is required in all tournament play.
4. Match servers must be running in sv_pure 2 mode during all tournament matches. Pure status can be checked in the console upon server join or mapchange.
5. All anti cheat plugins will be in the .zip file located in the download section are the only third-party modifications to be used during match play. Any other Third-party anti-cheat software and third-party admin software is not allowed.
5.2. KAC plugin must be installed and running on all servers used in eFPS HL2.
6. Teams MUST play on an official eFPS Server. If a match is played on a non eFPS Server even upon agreement of both teams, then the match will be nullified and have to be replayed. If the match cannot be replayed by the week deadline then neither team will move on in the bracket.
7. Clans/teams have 15 minutes after the scheduled match time to join the game server and "ready up". And receive 5 minutes in between rounds.
8. Finally both clans/teams should check server settings to verify that they are correct. If no objections are raised during this time then neither clan/team may challenge the settings during or after the match. By joining the server and starting the match you agree to the settings as they stand.
9. Pings: With all matches being played on eFPS Official servers only, there should be no problem with ping differential, if there is a case where the ping is +60 in favor of one team (ie. 20 compared to 80) then you must contact an admin either via steam chat, xfire, irc, or mumble to talk to them about server arrangements.
Paragraph 9 refers to the Nation in which the tournament is being held. If the tournament is a North American Based tournament this rule does not refer to European participants, as they will have to play with high ping.
1. Physics Lock - Players are not allowed to intentionally use a physics lock. A physics lock is when a large number of physics objects are touching each other and the engine treats them as a single object often to reduce server load. This is often used to block passages permanently.
2. Out Of Bounds - A player who ends up in an out of bounds area on a map (via a physics glitch or from enemy fire) must immediately return to the legal area. If this is not possible due to clipping issues or should a player end up trapped outside of the playable area of a map they are required to immediately suicide and continue the round. Failing to suicide promptly in this situation or remaining outside of the map or in an illegal area in order to wait out the clock will result in a match overturn. Purposefully attaining an illegal area or escaping the map will also result in a match overturn.
3. Scripting - Players are not permitted to use scripts to perform in game techniques of any sort nor are they allowed to assign more than one gameplay function to a given key or button via the command. The server cvar sv_allow_wait_command must be set to "0" at all times during match play (as set in the efpsteam.cfg) and can be tested by typing "wait" in console if set correctly to 0 the wait will generate an error message. Players who are caught scripting will be sent with a suspension and possible ban.
4. Modified Files - Match servers must be running in sv_pure 2 mode which forces all model sound texture skin and associated files to be loaded from the steam gcfs. The only modified files that will be allowed are those involving the resource folder (crosshairs / clientscheme) and the cfg folder (configs). Servers unable to run in sv_pure 2 mode for whatever reason are not acceptable for match play. Furthermore if a match is proven to have been held in non sv_pure 2 mode or dosen have a whitelist the match is to be completely replayed. However this should not be a problem if playing on eFPS Servers.
5. Server Settings - Server settings are not allowed to be changed during mid-map. If a variable is found to be incorrect (such as the timelimit) then the server admin may perform an rcon pause to stop the match alert the other team and change the setting. No settings will be allowed to be changed without this procedure. No substitutions can be made during this time. This is strictly for a server settings change.
6. Lag - If the server becomes extremely laggy for a period of time over 3 minutes the match must be stopped unless both teams agree to continue playing. If they don’t agree then an admin needs to be contacted to restart the server.
7. At no time can there be spectators for a match unless it is an admin, caster, or watched via a stream or SourceTV with a delay.
8. Pause - sv_pauseable will be used for client crashes. To pause a match simply type pause in console or press your pause button on your keyboard. A team cannot pause more than 3 times during a match. If a team is caught abusing pause rules it is an automatic disqualification. Type #.# to get the password for the user needing to rejoin after a crash on a pause.
9. Half Time: After finishing the first round of the match players are allowed an optional 5 minute break.
If a team fails to show up in the designated server or fails to return after the 5 minute break the team still present may report that round as a win for themselves.
1. Once the match ends the winners need to submit the scores in the submit scores section on the website. Matches must be reported within a week of the default match day. The match weeks for this tournament will start on Mondays. So you have from Monday to the following Monday to play your match. If you or your team cannot agree with the opposing team on a time, your match is to be scheduled for the second Monday at 6pm PST - 9pm EST.
Please note, if matches are completed earlier than the scheduled date the tournament may go faster than the given time period.
If you are filing a dispute of the match then you need to send the dispute via the dispute form. If necessary please provide links to screenshots or recordings of proof of what you are disputing.
At any time during your dispute the administrator may ask for screenshots and/or recordings. If they fail to have these items then the dispute can be nulled.
Disputes will be handled by the administrators and can take up to a week for a final decision to be made.
Any decision made by an admin on a dispute is final. Any further arguments may result in other consequences.
If a team fails to show or forfeits it will be marked as a loss, if single elimination they are eliminated, otherwise they will have the opportunity to play their next game. If a second match is then forfeited they are removed from the tournament. If this occurs during an official eFPS tournament the team could face a 3 month suspension.
Note: On tournaments that span over multiple days/weeks matches are to be scheduled using the match communication area on the website, any disputes regarding scheduling through steam chat, discord, or another type of chat will be ignored.
All pictures on the everythingFPS website including the official Tournament logos are the property of everythingFPS.com and may not be reproduced modified or transmitted in any form or manner without permission from the director or managing administrator of the tournament.
We here at the everythingFPS would like to wish all the clans and teams to have fun and the best of luck in all their matches!
1st Place: Copy of CS: Global Offensive
© 2017 everythingFPS